It’s no secret that establishing a new pit or quarry in Ontario can be both challenging and complex. Whether on private or public land, the maze of approvals and permits needed for a pit, quarry, or wayside can be daunting.
Ozaanaman Engineering Limited has been helping aggregate operators navigate this process for more than 13 years. We are proud to have assisted in or managed the permitting and application process for over 150 pits and quarries!
Our diverse team of professionals can help prepare and process concurrent Planning Act applications, conduct engineering surveys, prepare sight plans, even organize and lead public consultant forums. We even undertake quality analysis for existing operations.
Whether you are prospecting for a new aggregate source, or looking to get your current sources up to code as specified in the Aggregate Resource Act, we can help!
Preparation of Applications
- Aggregate Resource Act approvals
- License applications (private land)
- Permit applications (crown land)
- Wayside permits (public authority highway construction projects)
- Preparation and processing of Planning Act applications
- Permits to Take Water
- Certificates of Approval for MOE (Air and Noise)
- Aggregate quantity calculations and estimates (Volumetric Surveying)
- Topographic Surveying and Mapping
- Survey-Grade (RTK) GPS Site Mapping, Pit Plans, & Summary Reports
- Hydrogeological investigations and reporting
- Watershed studies and modeling
- Aggregate Prospecting & Identification
- Core Drilling
- Feasibility Studies
Planning & Consultation
- Total Project Management
- Expert Testimony at the Ontario Municipal Board
- Public, Government, and First Nations Consultation
- Third party mitigation and mediation
- Environmental Site Assessments and reporting – Phase I & II
- Well and Piezometer Installations and Monitoring
- Compliance monitoring and reporting
- Planning and design for final site rehabilitation
- Materials Testing
- CADD deliverables
- Complete petrographic services